Pages

Introduction

God has blessed us with more than we could ever need. He has not blessed us so we can have the latest iPad, game console or a new car. We have been blessed to be a blessing.

Keep up with our adoption journey and get a peek into the Hollingsworth household.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

We Go Paleo

Almost two years ago (man, time flies) I went almost Paleo for 2 weeks. I lost seven pounds. I gained it right back when I started eating my usual modern-American/Western foods. Over the past 6 months, I've gained a pound here and a pound there.

Meanwhile, the kids seem to be loosing their battle with asthma. It's not life threatening at this point, but when we are shelling out $165 a month PER KID for a daily control medicine and they are still having to get breathing treatments because of coughing and congestion... well, something's gotta give.

A new friend of mine told me in passing that her sister is some sort of wellness doctor. I cannot remember her title, but it's not really important. I got her number and we talked for almost an hour. In short she told me the kids needed to be on the Paleo Diet.

Now that the holidays are over and we are back in our own home, away from grandparents who mean well, but love to shower the kids with sugar, starches and more suger, we are going Paleo. So far, it's not going well. Raine can barely swallow eggs. Seth physically cannot eat meat that requires much chewing.

I Googled "Paleo for Kids" and found this great interview with a six-year old. Boy, can Seth relate to her pre-Paleo days. I hope he'll eventually relate to where she is now.

http://www.thepaleomom.com/2013/11/like-meat-now-interview-6-year-old.html

No comments:

Post a Comment